Let's start planning your portrait
Where does the time go, right? We get wrapped up in our daily routines, lost in our devices, and before we know it another year has flown by. Not only is a custom portrait a tangible memory of this special moment in your life, the process of planning your portrait forces you to slow down for a moment to consider details, look through your favorite photos, and contemplate on those who are most special to you! What's more, when all is said and done, you'll have a unique piece of original art that will be like a time capsule of this moment for generations to come.
How does it work?
- Once you've purchased your portrait, I will email you to begin planning. We'll work together to decide on details.
- Next I'll send you a sketch of what we've discussed.
- Once you're pleased with the sketch, I will begin work on drawing, inking, and painting your masterpiece.
- The whole process takes about four weeks.
Need help with ideas?
Posed portraits are classic, but action always turns out great! Maybe there's a special memory you'd love captured, a signature pose, a favorite pastime or game- these are some of my favorite projects to work on. They never fail to convey their own special character.
Is there a favorite lovey, toy, outfit or saying your loved one is attached to? These details make the piece really special as well. When in doubt, don't hesitate to contact me first!
- One-on-one planning consultation via email, phone, or Facetime.
- Initial sketch and option for adjustments
- Hand drawn portrait inked and painted with archival-quality supplies on archival cold press watercolor paper